Saturday 29 June 2013

Lucy – The Unconditional Love – Chapter IV



In the year 1998 my parents decided to come to Delhi for our betterment as in my home town there were no good schools or colleges where we could get quality education.

Honestly I never wanted to leave my home town but it was my parent’s decision so had to settle in Delhi. Initially I was missing Lucy, my hometown friends and my old house.

Luckily our landlord used to have a dog named “Darby”, and I used to play with him J J

Still I was missing everything , but the best part was that we used to have short trips to my home town so for me it was a reason to be happy because that was the best time for me to come to my home town and be with people I had spent my childhood. 

During my second trip to my home town I could not found Lucy around and I was really worried where she was. My neighbour told me that since you had left for Delhi, Lucy started roaming in other streets as well. And now she does not come to our area at all. Also people told me that Lucy had delivered 5 cute puppies, and that was great news to me. This was the time I did not see her around. I came back to Delhi with a heavy heart!!

The third trip was during Diwali festival and I was hoping that this time I will figure out where Lucy has disappeared. I was sitting on the roof to observe sunshine and saw some familiar dog roaming with other street dogs, and yes it was Lucy!!

By the time I went downstairs to catch her she was disappeared. I almost though that she had forgotten me anyways I came back and hoping that will catch her next time. My friend and neighbors told me that they did not see her for so long, it’s just you are here may be your vibes brought Lucy back in our area.

Very next morning I saw Lucy in our area and wasn't looking comfortable et al, she was trying to get rid of something. I went close to her and saw that some jerk tied a very thin plastic thing around her neck therefore she was not able to breath normally. I asked my neighbor if we could really help her in getting rid of that thing. Hey tried pulling that thing but Lucy ran away because it was hurting her.

I waited for my Daddy to come back to home and explained him everything and he replied – do not worry she will be alright, she is a street dog and she will manage things so you just relax. I was convinced with his thoughts.

Next day Lucy was sitting at my staircase and was looking very low, I was anxious because I wanted to take her to the doctor anticipating that she is down with fever or having some stomach problem and nobody was listening to me. I was just a kid who could only yell and cry but was not able to do anything, only thing I could do was praying for her.

After two days Lucy was lying dead on the street!

I was taken aback: screaming at my parents that we could have saved her, she was just sitting at our staircase yesterday and we did nothing for her.  We could have done something to save her, at least could have taken her to the doctor, my parents were not any having answer for my emotional queries! For the very first time I saw my mother emotional for an animal and that was my Lucy!  She did not say anything but her eyes expressed her feelings for Lucy!

O Lucy I miss you, you were the loveliest creature on this earth who was there for me & my family, gave me an Unconditional Love. I gave you nothing just food but you gave me your honest love. I left you to pursue my dreams and you left me to go miles away with no chance of coming back ever!! 

I will always repent that I could do nothing for you. May be you were waiting for me to come back so that we can see each other during your last days on this earth.

You will always be missed; you are there in my fond memories and will be cherished as one of the best buddies I have found ever!

You gave me an opportunity to write about you and express my love for you.

You taught me the meaning of Unconditional Love! 



6 comments: